Sunday, January 30, 2011
Week 7 - 12 Miles...again
This Saturday I was supposed to run 13 miles, but "only" ended up running 12 because of my knee. The group switched up the route a bit, which was nice, since the loop we've run several times already was getting veru monotonous. I did run faster on Saturday than I usually do, but only because I was trying to keep up with the group. We had a long run in a new area on Tuesday and I got horribly lost, then people were driving around trying to find me, and I ended up running 1-2 miles more than I intended. So...after that adventure, I told myself it'd be worth it to run faster and not get lost than to be comfortable and run way more than I was prepared to. It was actually very chilly (I think below freezing), so most of the way all I thought about was a toasty shower. This was the first run I brought water and energy gel (and a phone and maps...) on, but I ended up only having a few sips of water. Other than that, thankfully, it wasn't very eventful! Next weekend the group is running a 12 mile race, but I think I'm going to try to do 13 miles on my own. We're getting a rental car next weekend and giving back the car we've borrowing, so our weekend is being taken up a lot by that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment