Thursday, January 20, 2011

Marathon Training

I tried posting a photo of me and some of my fellow marathon trainees, but it didn't work out...anyway, yes, I am training for a marathon! My plan was to run the Paris marathon in April, but because we're moving now, I'll be doing the St. Louis marathon that is not only very close to where we will be living, but it is also on the same day as the Paris marathon! That means I can continue to train with everyone :). One of the best things about this marathon, besides it being my first, is that it is also on my 26th birthday! How about that, running 26.2 miles on my 26th birthday? I'm pretty excited, and it is proving to be quite a challenge already. We had some unusally cold and snowy weather, but we all still ran 10-12 miles every weekend in the snow, running through slush, and one morning it was even 14 degrees, brr! I started having some bad knee pain, but with the help of some kinesio tape (awesome stuff!) I ran 5 miles today and felt great! We'll be running 12 miles this weekend and then working our way up our longest run, which will be 20 miles. Wish me luck in my training and prayers for endurance and strength would be great too!

2 comments:

Jeff & Sylvia Bryant said...

We're so proud of you! Wish we could be there at the finish line!
Love,Mom

The Lanigans said...

I wish you guys could be there too!! I'm going to be asking Tom to take TONS of finishing photos of me...I don't care how horrible I'll look, I want PROOF! :)