Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Friday was Tom's birthday, he's getting old! Although he didn't do anything special, except go to class that day, we celebrated the weekend before he left. I made him a mango cheesecake...or at least attempted to. The mango glaze I made didn't turn out so well, but the cheesecake part was good! We also had a nice dinner out, and it was nice to get some time together, away from work and everything. I got him a super-duper knife he's been wanting for a long time, and framed a photo of baby. I also got him a air freshner thing that is the same scent as the ones in our house, so he could take it back to the states and have a little piece of home with him. He's had a very interesting and exciting year, and hopefully the next one will be just as good, if not better! Happy Birthday TOM!!!

2 comments:

Athena Joy said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Tom!

Peggy said...

Happy Birthday Tom. And, congratulations to both of you and your little "renegage baby". I think it's wonderful that you two will be to be parents soon. Your life will change completely - but all for the better. It's such a miracle - the birth of a child. Enjoy every single moment. I really mean that. Try to "pause" and take a mental picture of details in the hospital, at home, all through the baby's life. These the are best pictures and you can experience it more deeply as it "sinks in" while it's happening. Again, congratulations!
(Athena has been keeping us current with your news)