Sunday, March 13, 2011

Week 12 - 16 Mile Run

This was by far my worst run. I know I've said this before, but I actually had to sit down at one point. I don't think I prepared for it well, and I took too much time in the morning getting ready, so it was later than usual when I started. I was definitely not hydrated (after 10 miles I drank half a Gatorade bottle and still had a dry mouth...), and haven't been eating well enough, or enough to properly fuel myself. Yuck. Bottomline though, what should have only taken 2 hours and 40 minutes took 3 hours. And...since it was a gorgeous sunny day, I got sunburnt. Lesson learned. Also, this midwest wind is killing me! Literally half my run I was running into what felt like a 20 mph wind! I'm sure that'd make anyone tired! Hopefully I make it to the marathon. I really want to realize the results of all this work. Tom has been very encouraging and patient (since long runs take up a good portion of our weekends), and that means quite a lot to me.

1 comment:

delis said...

I hope you don't get discouraged. most won't even try...