Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Moby Wrap

Tom and I received a front/back carry pack thing for Julia, and we've used it a few times, but all the straps are really cumbersome and hard to adjust if we try to share it. I decided to try out a Moby wrap, which is a little intimidating since it's basically just a really long piece of fabric. It came in the mail today, and wow, what a lifesaver!! It's not too difficult to put on, and once I put Julia in it, she fell asleep right away, which is very unusual considering she just ate. We think she has colic because after she eats she's very fussy and will scream and get red head-to-toe (she'll also stand up! I have a really great photo I need to post of her standing on Tom's lap during one of these crying fits). Last night, for example, she cried for at least two hours straight after I fed her, and then it was difficult to nurse her once she got hungry again since she was so upset. This wrap claims to help colicky babies, and so far so good! I'll post some photos later :). Right now...I'm going to get some much needed chores done since she's asleep and cozy!

3 comments:

Jeff & Sylvia Bryant said...

Yeah for the Moby wrap! I hope it continues to work!

delis said...

Sounds pretty tricky, the Moby Wrap. Glad it works.

delis said...

thank goodness for blogs. it feels as if we're watching the baby grow before our eyes. probably better to be there, but your blogs certainly help keep us informed about Julia's progress. good job, tom and jessica! thanks, the Negrons