Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!








Tom and I had a very good Christmas, but are wishing we could have been home with family. We are of course, very thankful that we are able to spend the holidays with each other though. On Christmas Eve we made cranberry bread and a lasagne and bread sticks for dinner (traditional for the Bryants :) ), and I also made a pasta salad to take over to a friend's get together the next day. We also went to midnight Mass, which was suprisingly not too crowded. Our parish started doing two vigil Masses, so I think a lot more people went to those rather than the midnight Mass. Christmas morning we slept in (we're enjoying it while we can!!) and opened presents. We also had some cranberry bread and coffee for breakfast, mmm :). We watched one of the movies Tom gave me (Wall-E, it's a very cute and funny Pixar movie), and then went to the dining facility on base to celebrate with Tom's boss and some co-workers. They served a really great dinner, and it was nice to spend some time with everyone. After that, we went over to our friend's place and had another dinner with all of our friends. It is so difficult for all of us being away from family especially during Christmas, and we have a least one friend who wasn't able to be with her husband, but being with good friends helps. There was a lot of good food, and we also brought a feuerzangenbowle. It's a traditional German thing, where you basically make spiced wine, and then pour brandy or rum over a suger cone that sits above the bowl of wine. You light the siger cone on fire, and then the sugar and rum drip down into the wine. Tasty! Tom had a lot of fun putting it together, and our friends got a kick out of it.

3 comments:

Athena Joy said...

Jessica, you look SO beautiful!! I was seriously taken aback at what a beautiful woman you are...not that you weren't pretty before(because you always have been)but you don't look like a little sister to me anymore, you look ready to be a mommy and I am so proud of you :D And your hair is the longest I've ever seen it with pretty curls. I love it! Don't you love what pregnancy does for the hair :D Thanks for the great pictures. I love you guys so much and cannot wait to meet that little bump!! (BTW you definitely look pregnant!)

delis said...

So glad you two could be together for the festivities. Can hardly wait for Julia Hope. I guess we'll have to put up with the nine month thing. Hope is a beautiful name in Spanish too (Esperanza).

Jeff & Sylvia Bryant said...

Thanks for the new posts!!Is that your baby shower where you are wearing silver hats? Looks like fun!

Mom