A couple weekends ago my friend Mariko and I went to look at Christmas trees, and I was going to hold off until Tom got here to get one, but they didn't have very many and I was worried about the selection being awful by the time he got home. So...I picked one out, and once I got it home I realized how huge it was! We had talked about getting a smaller one, that was no taller than Tom. I had to cut a little more than a foot off the top of it just to stand it up! And I had to rearrange the dining room too. I think next Christmas we'll pick out the tree together - Tom has much better perspective than me :). So, here's a few pictures of us decorating it. We actually had to move all the ornaments off the bottom half of the tree because Jaeger was being an imp and knocking them all off!
I also posted a belly picture, I'm about 26 weeks right now. We had an appointment on Tuesday, and everything checked out just fine! It's really neat to hear Julia's heartbeat every visit. Tom and I were watching a National Geographic show on how babies develop in the womb, and they said that sometimes you can hear the baby's heartbeat through the skin. Last night Tom tried doing that, but he couldn't hear her. I think she punched his head though, and he said he could hear her moving around, and it sounded like when you're underwater in a pool moving around. I thought that was so cool!! It's really nice having Tom home, he's been able to feel Julia move around every day now. I was also really sick yesterday, so it was nice to have him here to take care of me :).
1 comment:
That's a beautiful tree! And you and Tom are looking just great. I can't wait to see you! Love, Mom
Post a Comment